Each user that has taken part in a shared trip would rest satisfied and all particulars related to the organization, the advancement and reaching to the endpoint of the trip would go smoothly.
- Contact the person who has posted the ad by using the provided contact information (phone number, e-mail, skype, facebook, etc.) and/or
- Use the “Send a message“ option of the platform’s reservation system.
Thus, even if the starting point and hour of departure/arrival are indicated in the ad, the person who has posted the ad will have the commitment to meet these trip conditions and will personally guarantee the trip.
- whether the shared trip price is the same as the price in the posted ad?
- whether the hour and the place of departure have not been changed?
- whether the place of arrival has not been changed?
- what will be the expected trip duration? – regardless of the trip duration that appears automatically calculated in the post.
Having the confirmation of the trip price, you can be sure that that you will pay exactly the price that has been negotiated with the driver. Any price change, immediately before or after the completion of the trip, can be treated as misconduct on behalf of the driver.
- apart from you will there be other passengers, and how many?
- will there be enough luggage space?
- does the vehicle correspond to the description given in the ad?
- what is the driving style of the driver?
With all the above information available, you may inform your relatives about the details of your forthcoming trip.
- when the trip is within the EU, check whether all passengers taking part in the trip have valid identity documents;
- when the trip is outside the ЕU, check whether all passengers taking part in the trip have valid passports.
If any of the passengers comes from a country that is not an EU member state, you better make sure that this person has a valid passport, regardless whether the country of destination is within the EU.
- you have exchanged your mobile phone numbers;
- the trip will take place and that its price is agreed;
- the hour and the starting point of departure are agreed;
- the arrival endpoint is agreed;
- you have taken your passport – if the trip is outside the EU.
If for whatever reason you may not take part in already agreed trip, you should immediately inform the other party – driver or passenger about that.